Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Observation: Sex and the City

I admit, I really like the television series, Sex and the City. The is THE SHOW where you can see clothing from various designers like Chanel, Vivienne Westwood, Gucci, Prada....the list is endless. Everyone knows that it was the shoe where the public began to appreciate shoes from Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blanik and Jimmy Choo.


I find myself really fasinated with the garments which are featured in both the shoes and the movie (which I have to admit, I watched it twice :P)


Fans of the show or other fashionista who 'borrow ideas' from the shows often long for the items featured in the show. I find myself going on ebay typing in 'Manolo Blanik', 'Gucci', Vivienne Westwood' and 'Sex and the City' after watching some of their episodes. Sometimes I feel like getting these things.


Weeks (or maybe one or two months) before the movie premiered, there are articles that have been featuring the clothes from the movie. I find it really clever when there are magazine ariticles which runs about how to be stylish like the characters, Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha on a budget (and believe me, I have some articles in various magazines I have encountered which would be too much to put in this blog!).

This was something I recieved from ASOS newsletter recently (I find it tempting to purchase their stuff but I feel it's kind of silly to purchase such thing since shipping is super expensive to my country!) on how to replicate the style of Carrie Bradsaw from the movie.



ASOS Newsletter (Click for a better view)


Many of us would know that 'Sex and the City' tours in New York are being set up by tour agencies just to get the experience. I liked this article from 8 Days.

(Click and read the article.... Prices quoted in Singapore dollars (as I assume). I feel tempted to try the hotel stay at The Berkley, Knightsbridge and can't help feeling a little sorry for the person who got duped for one particular tour. However, it seemed too good to be true and won't even bother trying to pay for such a thing!)

Anyway, here's one of the outfit I loved in the movie (as I like this particular designer!):

The Vivienne Westwood wedding dress! I'm not too hot on the feathers (actually more than that which you will find out in the movie) on the head. Apparently, it was a decision between Zac Posen and Vivienne Westwood for the wedding dress selection.... (read it on http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/lifestyle-fashion/stylenews/satc-4873.html)

A bit of a contrast to Dita Von Tesse's wedding dress (also designed by Vivienne Westwood) isn't it? I love this dress as well!


If I was a crazy fan, I would probably be moving to New York and try living in their own shoes this instant (and I am not that big of a fan)...

No comments: