Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Everyone's talking about 'The September Issue'



After watching the movie, 'The September Issue', I realised that I might have a copy of the magazine back in my house in Singapore. The copy of the magazine was printed back in 2007. I remember on my way back to Milan (I was studying there for around a year) from Singapore, I took out the magazine from my backpack while waiting for the plane to take off. While reading, I remember the lady next to me gasping 'Oh my! What a huge magazine! I've never seen anything like that!'. I never thought how much work and how huge that September of Vogue was until I watched the movie.

Part from the movie (from the DVD I bought)

I really liked the movie as it was not overly exaggerated like 'Devil Wears Prada'. Sure, it looks tough but it seems pretty real and made me see another side of Anna Wintour. Grace Coddington who we now can see is one of the great brains behind the whole magazine. I had thought that there would be a huge concentration of bitching in the movie...seeing 'Devil Wears Prada' but in fact, I was glad that I was wrong about this!
The actual September Issue that went to press in 2007 and it was super heavy to carry around!

Watch the movie (I've read from FashionNation that the movie is showing at two cinemas in Singapore) or buy the DVD (I bought mine from HMV in London but all of you can get the DVD from Amazon.com). It's not only for fashionistas, it's for everyone to understand what goes on behind the scene and the human emotions that goes into the magazine.

No comments: