Thursday, May 27, 2010

That one outfit which I don't like from Sex and the City 2...

I've been reading the reviews about Sex and the City 2 and it does not look like the reviewers has taken it well, what about the general public? What were the content of the movie that it had to be banned in the UAE? Wait and see...


However, I'm wondering why are magazines raving about this look? 




...I think it doesn't look stylist or appealing at all! I guess I'm not into the outfit because it screams TACKY and partly, I'm not really into t-shirts which spells out any brand names...logos placed in a subtle manner like Lacoste is the best... What went through the minds when they decided to put together this ensemble??? Sure, the skirt is from Zac Posen but seriously, this should be left out at any territory, during all times of the day! Apparently, it was suppose to be to a partial homage to the outfit (tank-top and tutu) at the opening sequence of the television series...




This "me likey"!


Don't get me wrong, I love the series and the styling back then (some bits in the first movie) but I have a feeling, I will be disappointed with the movie as I hated the promotional trailer...


...as for these dresses from 'Halston Heritage' (which Sarah Jessica Parker (Carrie Bradshaw) is chief creative officer for this as well)...




The words chanting in my mind now are...'Product placement....product placement...product placement...' . I swear I saw something similar at H&M in a camisole top...


However, I'll be watching the movie to see if the reviews are accurate...


Link up: Daily Mail Online - How Sex And The City sold its soul: Since Carrie & Co hit the big screen they've turned into man-obsessed morons


This is was interesting to read though it's just one point of view... The article is kind of harsh and expect some spoilers of the second movie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

was just going to see it tonight.. r u saying that I should not?
29 May at 14:00

Lisa Teng said...

I'm going to see it sometime next week to see if what is said is true. Perhaps go and see it anyway...otherwise we'd keep wondering what the movie is really like...
29 May at 17:03

Anonymous said...

I did.. and I liked it... maybe just 'cos my expectations were too low?
30 May at 01:00

Lisa Teng said...

Nah, not too low, I suspect that the reviewers were expecting way too much! Well, I'll just see the movie myself first then I'll rate the movie :) However, what I wrote is based on the observation from the trailer and just that one particular outfit I really don't like.
30 May at 01:09

Anonymous said...

and I do agree, it is hideous :)
30 May at 01:10