Wednesday, March 23, 2011

V&A Sketch and 'My New Bomb'

Yesterday, I went to the Victoria and Albert museum to see the exhibition containing Yohji Yamamoto's work.


Obviously, one would know at exhibitions like this, photography is forbidden. The next thing to do is sketch which is usually alright...not for this exhibition!


Here below are the fast sketches I did before I was 'caught'...and yes...very crude lines!

















After looking at the series of videos of the fashion show and the display of garments, I bought the book, 'My New Bomb' by Yohji Yamamoto.

















I would recommend this exhibition to anyone who is a Yohji or fashion fan. In addition, if one is conceptual with designs, there are three books to browse describing his inner thoughts which were interesting. Don't expect sketchbooks.

No comments: